|Journaling @ Jackie Robinson Park in NY during my Research Trip, June 2010|
I am finally seeing the importance of keeping a Genealogical diary or journal. One of the individuals I have met through Geneabloggers keeps a daily journal Randy Seaver of The Geneaholic. I see that it can be very helpful when one is researching. Journaling allows you to have a record of your research, your thoughts about the research, what you’ve are looking for and what you have found. So, tonight, I have decided to at least begin to list some of those things at the end of each night.
- I purchased my website domain through GoDaddy.com and my new website is http://www.rootdiggergriot.com//
- I called technical support at GoDaddy to find out how to link my blog with my website.
- I made a list of what I will be posting next on my blog.
- I FB with my Birth Mother and she stated that I should talk to her first about my family history. I basically have been drawing from my recollection of what I was told, so as always I must have documentation. This is a big step forward with my Mom and I, as I believe she is going to open up to me more.
- I left an email message to Michaud Robinson, who was introduced to me as my cousin by Debra Newton-Carter.
- I listened to Geneablogger Web Radio tonight and won a Genealogical Magazine that has information about Genealogy certification.
- I have decided to attend the University of Boston for the Genealogy Certification, beginning in January 2012.
- I will probably lay out what I am going to post tomorrow and off to sleep.